Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Staging: Washington D.C.

The great Peace Corps adventure began with a one day orientation (aka staging) in Washington D.C.  I had a few hours of free time, so took a walk around the mall.  I didn't expect it to rain... but it did.  A lot.

I didn't realize it, but apparently the Peace Corps returning to Nepal is a big deal.  To celebrate, the director of Peace Corps, the Nepali ambassador, and a representative of USAID came to our staging to say a few words.  Check it out: http://www.peacecorps.gov/resources/media/press/2114/

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! Um, why did they stop having volunteers back in 2004? Tonight I'm catching up on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got assigned to PC in Nepal and leave in Sept 2013. Keep updating me on your adventures so I can get a good feel for what life will be like.

    ReplyDelete