Thursday, July 11, 2013

Hanging with my bro

By crazy coincidence, my brother got to spend a month or so in Nepal on  business.  We got together for a weekend in Pokhara.  Although I love my host family and community members and fellow volunteers, it was wonderfully refreshing to spend time with someone that I really know and who really knows me.




We really wanted to go sailing.  I've never been sailing before, but he did get the sailing merit badge 15 years ago, so it sounded like a great plan.  Maybe it was a good thing no one would rent us a sail boat.   We decided to go out in a row boat instead, hoping our boat was in better condition than some of the ones we saw...


Good news-- we didn't sink.

You didn't know Walmart had a trekking store in Pokhara, did you.  They probably don't know either.

No comments:

Post a Comment