Thursday, July 11, 2013

My new neice!

I can't claim to be the most observant person in the world.  In a matter of fact, sometimes I'm down right clueless.  For example, I didn't realize my Nepali sister-in-law (who lives with me) was pregnant until a month or two before her due date.  In my defence, she really didn't show that much and how often do you really go around telling people "by the way, I'm pregnant"?

Considering my cluelessness, it was a bit of a surprise when my host dad told me early on morning that my new niece had been borne the night before.  She was borne within 20 feet of me and I slept peacefully through it.

It's been a mixture of a fun, frustrating, and very informative experience having an infant living with us.  Who doesn't love occasionally snuggling with a little baby?  Who doesn't hate having an 11 year old treat you like an imbecile because she's pretty sure she knows how to take care of a baby better than you do?

Here she is!


First bath with grandma
 

Taking a nap in the sun


Sitting with her very proud big sister

No comments:

Post a Comment